SharePoint 2013 – Can’t approve or reject access requests
We had a problem that a specific group (site owner) should be able to approve or reject access requests to their sites. By default, only site collection administrators can do this.
As the ‘Access requests’-list is a hidden library we should use a little trick to reach the permissions of the list.
- Open your SharePoint Designer and connect to your site
- Go to ‘All Files’ in the navigation
- You should now see the ‘Access requests’ list – Right click on it > Properties
- You can now reach the permissions settings for this list
- Add your group and give it full control
This should fix it. If it doesn’t then possibly your group is not known as a ‘real’ owner group in your site. Fix it by following these steps:
Take your site url and paste the following behind it: /_layouts/15/permsetup.aspx . You can now re-define the default groups for your site. Be sure to select your group at the ‘Site Owners’ category below.
Hope this helps